Monday, February 24, 2020

Old stuff, new Ideas

Hey, look... it didn't take me more than a month before a new post arrives!

...even though I could've made and posted this 1-2 days ago...

A new game post, and that game is Acceleration of  SUGURI 2.

AoS2 Logo.

Technically not *new*, as I played this back in July/August of 2019. Last year was the moment where I started playing a bunch of games from Orange_Juice... they've made a lot of really interesting games, and I never thought I would play a bullet-hell or even shoot 'em up games in my life!

A small indie game company...

Not my first foray into 'bullet-hell, shoot 'em up type fighting' games, as that honor goes to its predecessor; which is Sora. Before I go run my mouth about the game, I might as well show the gameplay test first...


This video is an old replay from when I first started playing the game back in July/August 2019. Not sure how my skills would fare now...

The game ran into problems when trying to record some game footage. The first problem was the need to use another recording software, as the one I usually use doesn't work with this game. The second was screen resolution issues; the game will run slightly slower than usual when recording, but changing it to 1280 x 720 instead of using 1920 x 1080 fixes that.

Anyways, back on track; Acceleration of SUGURI 2. A really fast-paced fighting/shooting game, kinda like a bullet-hell game but with some interesting game mechanics. For starters, you can dodge (or more specifically negate damage) incoming projectiles by dashing through them, but only works for non-physical projectiles, like laser beams... so anything like a missile is out of the question.

Dashing would also produce a 'rainbow ring' like effect which also has a purpose; any projectile that passes through those rings will give you additional power for your 'Hyper' bar and also heals any lost health... but only limited to the red portions only.

'Hyper' is like a 'Super Power' type of thing that you'll usually see in fighting games, and you can have up to 3 of them total. Can be combined with various attacks to produce a different type of Hyper. There's also the 'Accel Hyper' which is the ultimate move that uses 3 Hyper slots.

You can utilize shields in the game, but I generally don't use them. They'll only take half of a Hyper slot, though. Very useful for blocking incoming fire, and also to cancel out other player's Hypers.

Plenty of characters to choose from, each with their own playstyle. They're from the SUGURI and Sora universes.

A really fun game; very fast-paced but also hectic. I find the game to be easier than the predecessor (Sora), but that's probably due to the balances placed as this is a game with online capabilities... while the other is solely a singleplayer game.

This is the most recent game entry in the SUGURI universe, so its the most updated version when it  comes to this type of gameplay. I'm slowly making my way through the games, though... so I'll be at a point where I reached the first game made with the same gameplay. Probably should've started with the older games first, but whatever...

My first exposure to Orange_Juice's games was through 100% Orange Juice, which I also started playing last year January... but I knew about the game waaay back in 2013 from looking up game background music (BGM) and original soundtracks (OSTs).

I won't go into the backstories of the other games and my history with them here... as that'll be in their own separate posts. Yup... planning to do the rest down the line, too. There's quite a collection of games to go through, but its not that many.

For now we'll be starting things off from this game. I haven't played the game after some time... so my skills might be worse than before! Well, not that they were great before anyways... always played like a scrub...

I'll try to get my bearings back into this game soon. So the next video would be my first gameplay after not playing for some time... I just hope I don't suck too much...

-Panzer Fist-

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Alien