Thursday, February 27, 2020

A Little Practice Session

A new post!? And it took only three days!!!

waagghh... the sky is falling...

Could've been only two days actually, as my internet modem decides to go kaput riiight on the day I chose to upload the edited video to YouTube... what luck. I could've also uploaded it to YouTube immediately after editing, but the edit was done late at night, and it was already 4AM then...

Yea, yea; excuses. But enough of that! The first gameplay video of Acceleration of SUGURI 2, in the flesh... since I haven't played the game in a long while I figured I should do something easy, like an arcade match with a 'noob-friendly' character.

I wanted to play on Easy difficulty, but since I normally used to play the game on Normal I figured I should get myself normalized back to the old difficulty I played with... normally.


Nanora! One of my favorite characters in 100% Orange Juice, Sora and naturally in this game too!

A lotta rocks... a lotta damage!

Now, Tsih is one of the more easier characters for me to play, alongside Sham and Nanako... her playstyle is more 'direct' and you can usually brute-force your way through just by slinging rocks everywhere!

Random fact about Tsih: she's listed as 28 years old. A big surprise...

I don't usually utilize her stealth ability, but it does comes in handy when fighting against Alte... particularly due to her searchlight.

This gameplay shows how much of a scrub I am; sticking to mostly one attack pattern when it works, pressing wrong buttons resulting in wrong Hypers used and sometimes forgetting to use a mix of physical/beam/melee attacks...

In this game, your Hyper bar/meter gets higher each time you do an attack. So in theory, if you attack with both beam and physical attacks it'll go up faster than just sticking to one side just because it works. Yet I still stick to this habit...

When playing as Tsih, I tend to just sling rocks or bash them when the opponent is close... so I rarely use the beam attacks. Why waste time putting up beams when you can just hurl a lot of rocks?

Though having Hyper stocks faster is an invaluable thing to have...

Now that I have some bearings back, I can finally look into trying out other characters, or even start doing the Story mode for some of them. Perhaps try doing them without dying? I remember only 1cc'ing some characters for either Arcade or Story mode. The rest were done only after a ton of continues or were either played on Easy difficulty.

Oh... and "1cc/1cc'ing" stands for "1 credit clear" or "1 credit clearing"; same term as "no continues" used as your clearing the game in one sitting without seeing that "continue" screen which only appears when you lose.

All the characters' Story mode were done in Normal as to get achievements, but with continues used. Some of the characters in Arcade mode were completed in Easy difficulty, if I remember.

Well, now I gotta make a choice then... perhaps I will do all the character's Arcade mode first since I've already started things off from that mode.

I tried a different approach when it comes to the video edit, and tried to add some flavor text at certain times. Not sure if its good or bad, but I wanna experiment with things and see what works for me. So far it seems okay as it's not that intrusive. I won't do panning/zooming shots or inserting extra sounds/pictures as that'll be too distracting. Maybe the end/ranking scene could be cut off?

Well... whatever it is, I have some planning to do for the next Acceleration of SUGURI 2 video.

I guess it's time to get a little serious with things now, eh?

-Panzer Fist-

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Alien