Monday, August 14, 2017

What Happened?

Weew... already 14th of August, huh. Time sure flies fast...

And so, what happened that caused me to go missing for nearly two weeks? Well, I didn't go anywhere or was too lazy to post anything... nah. The real answer is that I was busy grinding day and night in World Of Tanks. But there's a special reason why, though...

...and if you read the last post, you might know what's going on...

According to some rumors at first which then turned real, it seems that the French Tier X Tank Destroyer: the Foch 155, is gonna get replaced by a similar tank with only a different gun... and it's called the AMX Foch 50 B.

You might be unobtainable in the future, but at least I'll have you around in my garage!

Yep, you read that right. The only difference between the replace-see and the replacement are just the guns. The ol' 155 has that devastating but appalling reload 155mm cannon with 3-round autoloader and nearly a minute's worth of reload. The new gun has 6 shells and is comparable to the gun on the AMX 50 B but with 2 extra shells and a little bit extra reload time... because that's what it's exactly is.

You would think a Tank Destroyer would have a high penetration values for their guns... but not this one! It retains the same penetration values as the gun on the AMX 50 B.

Funny thing is that there's quite a lot of people going around calling the new TD a 'French WTF E-100'...

With that kind of penetration value, don't be surprised if they shoot Premium Ammo at you.

"So why grind towards the line if you sound like you hate the new French TD?" you might ask... well, here's where the good part starts.

Those who have the Foch 155 in their garage before the next big patch hits the streets will get to keep the tank AND get the replacement as well. That means a free Tier X tank for you! The Foch 155 turns into a tank with 'Special' status, which is comparable to the Clan Wars Tier X reward tanks. So even if you don't like the new replacement, you can always sell it for extra cash.

I find it weird that they didn't just add a new gun into the Foch 155's tech tree, but whatever... too bad they didn't do the same thing with the 113, as I already have it and it's also one of those obscure Tier Xs that people rarely play. The WZ-111 5A seems to be a upgraded WZ-111 1-4 and that might please those who got let downed by a "disappointing" Tier X.

There's also talk that another Tier X will undergo the same fate as the Foch 155 as well... as even Wargaming themselves acknowledges that they'll be using this method from now on if they ever want to replace more vehicles in the future. So it then becomes an unofficial "Marathon" event for us to grind to the top of whatever tank tree they want to replace... if the players want the vehicle, that is.

Some tanks that I think will get replaced will be the FV215b, the IS-4 to an extent a rarely played Tier X and maybe the Grille 15 and the Pz. Kpfw. VII... the TD being disappointing to most and the HT being almost untouched by players. I mean, you don't even see anyone using that vehicle anymore! It's even more rare than the 113 and Foch 155 combined!

But man, the grind is real... real pain, that is. Still stuck at the Tier VII Tank Destroyer, the AMX AC 46. That tank has a huge profile coupled with huge cupolas.

This tank might look well-armored, but it still quite thin.

Hey, at least the tank's gun isn't ass. It's great and reminds me of the ARL 44's gun to some extent.

So yeah, that's the whole ordeal with why I was gone for nearly two weeks. I still have quite a bunch to grind through, and the next update is getting closer and closer with each passing day. I just hope I don't have to resort to you know what...

And that's all that I have for now. I won't be posting much 'cause of the grinding I'll be doing, but I'll try to upload something when I feel burnt-out from all the French TD grinding in World Of Tanks. Until then, I'll be off...

...to sleep, not grind in WOT. I'm tired and it's late already...

-Panzer Fist-

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Alien