Thursday, July 20, 2017

Future Plans

Heyo, it's been ten days already.

Hell, I was supposed to update it sooner, but got some important things that I had to do.

No, this isn't just some random excuse I've thought up on the go... been missing for actually six days, not ten. took 4 of the days to just relax and play some games.

What about the other six? It's used for setting up my newly-arrived laptop. That's right, finally got an upgrade.

Not many of you will know this, but the old one that I was using was bought 3 years ago, and also posted about it... but over at the other blog of mine. Here's a little bit from that ol' post.

And whaddya mean "old laptop"? I thought that was you're only one!

I got a new one. [Hellz yea! 1/2 achievement completed!]

Pretty tough to get it though. Had to wait till the last day of the sale, 'cause SOMEONE apparently said that "in the last day, they'll probably sell them off at extremely low prices because they want to get rid of all of it"
Here's the link to the whole post: T932's Dead Frontier Blog - Teh Screencapz

The old laptop I was using was the Hewlett Packard Pavilion "TouchSmart" 14-inch 'Sleekbook'. [that's a mouthful]

Pretty decent, does the job with minimal hassle.
As from it's name, the laptop has a touchscreen... which for me is a downside. That's because I have plenty of siblings that would disturb just by doing the obvious.

But, after a certain Windows update, the screen no longer has that ability. Most people would complain and try to find solutions to fix it, but I take it as a blessing.

Once it reaches September, the ol' laptop will be 4 years old. Now it's retired, cleaned up both on the inside, outside and stored back in it's bag. It will now be used for schoolwork.

And then, the new one arrives to carry on the torch... the Lenovo 'Legion' Y520 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop.

Pretty powerful, and functions well.

But, this didn't go without some minor setbacks. Nope, it's not about the laptop... it's about the timing when I went to look for a new laptop to buy...

Let's just say, the moment I've bought this one... another laptop of a different brand decides to have a sale! And it has better specs and is cheaper, too...

But what the hell. What's done is done... it's like what happened 3 years ago with the old laptop happening again... history loves repeating itself, huh...

Hey, at least I've got 3-years warranty for only 1 cent extra [or a penny for you other folks] and also a bag to go with it.

So I didn't get the most expensive one with all the good stuff, 'cause I wanted to save my cash. No point in blowing away more than 1.5K on this kind of stuff.

And then, the six-days of transfer... A lot of files to transfer over to the new laptop from the old, things to download and other software setups... but it's all done... kinda. Still got plenty more to do, though. Very slow transfer rate when you used a 7-year old portable hard disk to do the file transfer... that and the capacity limit is only 25 GB...

The first ever recording I took from this computer was in fact the Need For Speed: World Offline race video. Had a second one made and uploaded, but that will be in another post instead...

Used a different set of video recording tools, and it worked out better than the old stuff I've used before. But the video editing software is still the same old one I've used back then. And now, it's onto the main reason, the one the title refers to... the future plans.

Well, since this is a new and improved laptop... it will probably handle tons of other games that the old one couldn't. This means more stuff that I can record and post. World Of Tanks will have improved graphics, and it looks beautiful! Still used the SD version instead of the HD one, though.

I could also record Fallout 4, but sadly had already wiped the game clean recently in my old laptop... as in "done nearly all that can be done".

Metal Saga will be redone. Yes, that means I will restart the series from the ground up again. In the old ones, there were quite a number of stutters and hiccups 'cause the old laptop couldn't handle the emulator of the PCSX2. But now, with this new beast... hopefully it'll go well.

So yeah, Metal Saga Adventures gets a reboot.

I have yet to try many other games while recording, so that's something I have to get around doing.

Probably now, I can get some content over to the other blog, as there's quite a number of zombie-themed games too that I can play.

And also, all recordings will be done on a bigger window screen as it's a 15.6" laptop... from the previous 14" of 1366 x 768 to the new 15.6" 1920 x 1080. 'TIS GONNA BE GUUD.

And getting back to Metal Saga, it will be a long time before things can be ready over there. Tons of testing to do in PCSX2 to make sure it runs smoothly. Already got a few other games for the emulator that are also classics that I've played before in the past just for nostalgia, such as Timesplitters: Future Perfect and Runabout 3: Neo Age.

So I guess that's all for this post for now. Got more shit to do with this laptop, still not done with transfers and installations...

-Panzer Fist-




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Alien