Thursday, April 2, 2020

Acceleration of SUGURI 2 Arcade Mode #3 - Sham

Almost a whole month without a post... what is it this time?

No troubles or problems, actually. Just putting most of my time into drawing practice and picking up 3D modelling, too.

Video was recorded back on the 8th of March, and edited on 21st. Really putting more focus on drawing as I'm more serious in doing it this time... so less thought was placed on updates here.

But enough of that... it's video time! This time we're moving on to Sham. Shouldn't be too hard, right?


On an unrelated note; YouTube videos in 720p 60fps are now not considered HD! 

Sham; one of the easiest characters to play...

It's all about keeping distance and taking it slowly...

...yet, why did I play extremely bad all of a sudden?

Was supposed to be a breeze, but I didn't do any practice or familiarize myself with her moveset. Thought it'll be a cakewalk, and ended up playing really aggressively like how I normally would when I use Sora or Star Breaker.

Severely underestimated this...

Well, that nearly ended me multiple times during gameplay... especially when I let my Heat run wild, sometimes even up to the max of 300%...

Playing as Sham should be all about staying away from the opponent as much as possible, while using blockades to make it harder for them to reach you... and also spawning as much minions as possible, too I guess.

A defensive/passive character, but I played extremely sloppy. Quite a lot of misclicks and not keeping distance, relied too much on dodging instead of using blockades and barriers if they get too close.

I mean... constant dodging is okay, provided you're good enough to avoid all attacks... which I'm not.

Figured that the -BONUS- scenes might be a bit too much, so I won't be doing that anymore. Guess I'll keep this more straightforward like the first video. Plus, it's a lot more stuff to add for what may be useless extra weight.

Maybe a different take on the -BONUS- scenes, not limited to showing the different moves the characters have? Like bloopers or fuck-ups that happened?

Not sure about adjustments to the flavor text, though... as sometimes it's hard to see them. Might need to just make them like the standard subtitle style, so that might work. Thought about shrinking the video resolution to get that 'movie bars' feel going on, but we'll see how that goes next video...

A bit of a short post for today, as nothing much goes on. Will continue to try out different things for the videos, see what works best and what doesn't. Unsure when the next post is gonna be up, but I'll try to not leave it up for nearly a month... if I don't forget, that is.

-Panzer Fist-

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Alien