Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Sacrifice For a Reward

Lookey here... the first Armored Warfare post for this blog.

Lately, I've been playing more of a certain tank game Armored Warfare. Everything's been going great ever since it entered Beta, with tons of constant updates. There's even quite a lot of events going on from last year up till now... but I didn't get the chance to play most of last year's events.

One example is the Halloween event. All those rewards I've missed out on...

Most of the problems is due to the fact that internet connections back last year wasn't really up to par to play most "connection-reliant" games. Glad that's a problem of the past. All the rage from the past... Anyways, once I've got my crappy connections fixed, I've been on World Of Tanks and Armored Warfare periodically. Just the simple daily 2X wipes on both games.

Then one day, there's an interesting event over at Armored Warfare: The Grand Bear Invitational. Got excited, but then I had complications with the time it starts... because it translates to 1AM-4AM.

Yes, I'm human. That's why I need sleep.

Missed out on a great chance to earn tons of EXP and cash... Especially the EXP, though. I mean it has FIVE times multiplier during the hours the special event was on on Friday. Cash was only 2X multiplier bonus, though.

Became quite disappointed with the whole ordeal. But then came the savior... Wolfie's Gold Rush event.

Here's a post link on the event over at Armored Warfare's website below, just in case you wanna see every detail yourself.

Armored Warfare - Wolfie's Gold Rush Event

It intrigued me when I first saw the event details. Get gold! Get phat stacks of EXP 'n cash! For six days!

But there's a price to pay for it: the bonuses will only be active for three hours like the previous Grand Bear Invitational event. But now, the event has been bumped up an hour... so yes, it's 2AM-5AM for the six days for me.

Ughh... So late, and for every day of the event, too. What a pain...

But I said "fuck it, I'm doin' it anyways". Challenge accepted! "Monday's bonus, here I come!"

...but then I slept instead. Okaaay... time to check off trying to get 3000 Gold. Time to set an alarm so no further gold and bonus shall be missed.

The only way to know if the event had already started is to open the bonuses/boosters tab [the lighting icon at the right] and the EXP and cash boosters should be 400% and 100% respectively. Here's a screenshot from the game to show you what I mean.

Notice the 400% EXP and 100% cash boosts in the 'Active Boost' window.


And add that to the base game and it should be 5X EXP and 2X cash earned in every tank. I don't know whether the daily 2X EXP and 1.25X cash would stack with them, so I've only played Armored Warfare only when the event was on to maximize the bonus earned.

So did I managed to complete the rest of the five days? Yes! Downside? Tired as fuck after each day of event! WORTH IT!

But seriously though, it was tough staying awake through the whole event each day. I think I fell asleep for a few minutes during Wednesday's event...

Quite pleased with the reward I've received. 900K+ EXP and 8M+ cash... enough to get me through any tank I want easily!

Only been using the rewards to get myself the Leopard 2! Painted 'em and stuck some decals and done! One of my favored modern tanks, in my possession! I personally prefer the looks of the Leopard 2 rather than the upgraded ones... y'know, the ones with the frontal turret kit installed. But still, the upgraded Leopard 2A5 is what spark my interest in the tanks a long time ago.

This is a keeper for sure.

Not fully upgraded, yet though...


It definitely much better than the horrible Leopard 2AV Prototype. The armor is very lackluster... and it all thanks to the material the tank is made from... not to mention the lower frontal plate is pretty much paper.

I only place camouflage patterns and number decals on tanks I plan to keep forever. Makes them stick out easier in the garage and when the're gonna be here forever, might as well make 'em look good, dont'cha think?

But that's not all! Something interesting happened in one of the event days... Truly once in a lifetime experience in a game like this, so I had to take a screenie to make it last.

I wonder if this is a special move these tanks can do...
 
It's just outta nowhere too, that it happened. One moment, the tank spawned normally. The next moment it teleported upside-down like shown in the screenshot. Don't know how, but I'll take a picture of it anyways.

And that marks the end of the madness that happened during the Gold Rush event. Nothing too major, but still had some fun... even though I was struggling to stay awake 70% of the time when it was on.

I have some more pictures of the crazy bugs this game has, but I'll put 'em up next time though... as this post has gotten awfully long now. I guess I'll be going now, as I'm gonna go back to Fallout 4 soon. There's some updates that has changed the game quite a bit, and it's been some time since I've last played it.

-Panzer Fist-

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Alien